Thursday 15 August 2013

Nordburger

Another burger joint in Adelaide! Nordburger is fairly new to the burger scene, but I'd heard a couple of good reviews so my friend and I ventured over to Norwood for lunch at the beginning of the week. 


 A few seats by the front and at the counter, as well as some standing options at the back. We chose to sit right by the counter!



 Fridge of soft drinks, including American ones such as Dr Pepper and Tab, above their shake station


 Nordburger $7.90
Beef, pickles, tomato, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, Nord sauce
Small Tater Tots $2.50
Salted Caramel shake $7

I decided to go with the Nordburger. It contained all the typical burger fillings, as well as their special Nord sauce. I really enjoyed it! The beef patty wasn't as thick and juicy as those from Burger Theory, but they still tasted great, especially with the Nord sauce. I also liked how the bun was quite soft and sweet, and was in a perfect ratio to the fillings. 
The tater tots didn't taste like the cheap frozen ones you buy in supermarkets, so my friend and I enjoyed them a lot! The burger and tots may look like a small serving, but I was stuffed by the end of the meal.
The salted caramel shake was DELICIOUS. I loved the distinct flavour of salted caramel and how it wasn't too overpowering. I'd definitely recommend it to salted caramel lovers like myself!

 Hotburger $8.30
Beef, pickled jalapeƱo, red onion, Doc's coleslaw, chipotle mayo
Large tater tots $3.00

This was the 3rd time my friend had ordered this burger and she loved it! 

We didn't end up finishing all of the tater tots or the shake, so we took them back to school and my sister was happy to take them off us. Even after the 5 minute drive back to school, they still tasted great, albeit a little closer to room temperature!

I noticed that a person behind the counter had a pretty cool tattoo! A fork, knife and spoon. Dedicated lover of food, maybe?

I have to say I had a great first experience here. The people behind the counter were really friendly, especially the person who served us - he actually made an effort to hold a conversation with us when he noticed our uniforms. Pretty cool! We were also able to see the food being cooked and assembled, and I noticed that the bench tops were always very clean and well organised. My friend and I were able to pick up on the system they had going on the benches, which we thought was very effective in allowing food to be quickly made and sent out. Our food was ready within 5 minutes, though my friend had been here before for dinner and had to wait 30 minutes for her food. Nordburger also offers takeaway, which would come in handy!

Great food in a great location. I can't wait for the next time I visit! I have my eye on their pretzel specialty shake.
Overall, 8.5/10.

Vy
xo


Nordburger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment