Tuesday 14 January 2014

Toptai [2]

A visit to Toptai was planned for dinner in celebration of Mum's birthday! This was our second time visiting as a family (first visit here) and because we really enjoyed our meal last time, we had rather high expectations.


Choo Chee Prawns $21

Definitely one of our favourites! I just love the flavour of it and how great it tastes with steamed rice. 

Thai BBQ ribs $17.50

Well cooked ribs coated in a thick, rich sauce. A bit salty on its own, and partially neutralised with a bit of steamed rice. I don't think I'll be ordering this again any time soon, though. We were sick of it rather quickly because of how rich is was.

Pad Thai Prawns $16.90

We all really enjoyed this! I liked the slight tanginess in the flavour of the noodles and how well it was texturally well-complimented by the raw bean sprouts. 

Thai Duck Salad $25

Another one of our favourites! The crispy duck layer with a crunchy veggies and a delicious fish sauce based dressing is a refreshing hit amongst the other richer dishes. I definitely recommend eating this as soon as it arrives to avoid the duck becoming soggy.

Seasonal vegetables in black bean sauce $14.50

Nothing too special here. I ordered this specifically in an attempt to fulfil the rest of my 2 & 5 requirements for the day! However, I did like how they had a huge range of vegetables in the dish.

Fried Ice-cream $6

My sister's fried ice-cream. Unfortunately just as disappointing as last time. If you have a place which you believe does the best fried ice-cream in Adelaide, please leave it in a comment below!

Fried pineapple fritters $7

I ordered this in order to avoid the fried ice-cream! Essentially pieces of pineapple (from a can, I'm sure) battered and deep fried, served with vanilla ice cream. It looks just as it tastes; quite simple and I'm sure I'd be able to replicate it at home.

This was a lovely dining experience yet again. The staff were very friendly and attentive, even though they were fully booked that night, and the food came out very soon after ordering. I have seen people question the authenticity of this restaurant and I, too, also question it. I think there must be elements of general Asian cuisine mixed in as well. Nonetheless, a great dinner enjoyed by all of us!


Toptai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment