Thursday 18 September 2014

Bambi's Kitchen

The usual Friday lunch date with the bestie this particular week was at Bambi's Kitchen, formerly known as Horner & Pratt, a place we'd seen photos of all over Instagram!

Haloumi wrap (can't remember the price, but probably around $14 too!)
Sweet potato fritters $14
Both served with house salads


What colourful, picturesque meals!
I ordered the sweet potato fritters and I thought they were great. They had a great flavour and I could clearly identify the different ingredients in them. I think the fritters could be improved if they were cooked in a way that made them a little crispy on the outside. The contrast between a crisp outer crust and soft innards would make them even more satisfying to eat! I also enjoyed how fresh the house salads were, although I do think some of them could do with a bit of dressing.

Angela ordered the haloumi wrap which contains her favourite cheese of the moment. I tried a bit and it was delicious! Definitely something we would both recommend to those who love haloumi.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first time dining at Bambi's Kitchen and can definitely say that I will be back. I loved the home-y feel of the meals, especially how they were presented, and how cosy the dining space is. Although there are only a few tables upstairs, there is a lovely view of Rundle and Rymill Parks as well as East Tce through the large window which lets in a lot of natural light. The service is wonderful, with the staff being very friendly and accommodating. From what I remember, the menu isn't very extensive but what is on there sounds delicious. There were also some baked goods on the counter, like brownies and cakes, which we were eyeing but told ourselves we would have to come back for, as well as the fresh juices and coffee.
See you again soon, Bambi!

Horner & Pratt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment