Monday 29 September 2014

UR Caffe

A visit home from a good friend of mine who has moved to Melbourne for uni brought us to a cute little cafe on Melbourne Street for lunch called UR Caffe.

Spicy Corn Fritters
I've forgotten the price, sorry! I'm pretty sure it was around the $15 mark though.

I was having a late lunch so decided to go for something on the smaller side. These corn fritters were crispy on the outside with corn kernels in them providing a crunchy burst of sweetness in every bite. I'd say they were more on the peppery rather than spicy side, but I still enjoyed them. The fresh tomato and avocado were fantastic to balance out the pepperiness (if that's a word...) in the fritters.

A very enjoyable, simple dish that was very well executed. I would definitely order it again! I don't remember what else was on the menu but this was something that definitely caught my eye. I'll have to come back to try out the rest of the menu! I think this would be a great place to catch up with a small group of friends, or even to take your mum out to brunch! It's quiet and if you're lucky enough to go on a nice, sunny day, lots of natural lighting is let into the dining space through the glass windows, adding to the very pleasant atmosphere. Just be sure to avoid sitting where I sat, which is right in the front corner by the entrance, on a hot day because it sure gets toasty sitting in direct sunlight!

UR Caffe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment