Sunday 18 October 2015

Taverna Greek Psistaria

This place is hands down one of my absolute favourite restaurants in Adelaide. It's quietly tucked away on Hawker St but the restaurant itself is always vibrant and busy. Because it's so close to home, my family loves ordering takeaway for dinner but of course it's always nice to occasionally dine in. On this occasion, I took my super fussy other half in the hopes that I could find a restaurant which serves Greek food that's on par with what he's had overseas.

Greek salad $11.90

Couldn't fault it. Also that slab of feta was so satisfying to break as we ate the rest of the salad. 

Taverna Mix Grill $41.90

I wish I could have captured the look of absolute glee on his face when this mountain of food arrived in front of us. This photo really doesn't capture how huge it was! Fried calamari, grilled lamb cutlets, chicken souvlaki, grilled prawns and pita bread were piled onto a bed of hand cut potato wedges. All perfectly cooked and flavoured, especially that chicken souvlaki, we did our best to make our way through it but had to admit defeat and doggy bag about a quarter of it. 

Guys I can't recommend this place enough. It's good for almost all occasions; my dad has had a few boys' nights here, I've seen birthdays being held in the dining section upstairs, I've seen plenty of huge family gatherings, we'll be introducing some of our other friends to this place soon on a double date and I'm seriously considering having my birthday dinner here too. However, I probably wouldn't recommend it if you're after a quiet date night because it is always bustling. The value is also great, we spent around $50-60, were stuffed the brim and had leftovers for the next day. I'd also recommend booking ahead if you want to dine in.
Get on it!


Taverna Greek Psistaria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Greek salad and feta cheese. The only thing I don't like in a Greek salad are the olives. So when I order it I either ask for no olives or I just push them in a corner on my plate and eat the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Greek salad and feta cheese. The only thing I don't like in a Greek salad are the olives. So when I order it I either ask for no olives or I just push them in a corner on my plate and eat the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Taverna Greek Psistaria" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete