Monday 19 October 2015

The Aviary Dessert Kitchen

Two of my best friends and absolute favourite twins in the whole world turned 20 this past week (Happy birthday, M & C!) and they decided to treat us to a spot of dessert at the Aviary. A few of us have been before and have hardly ever been disappointed, so I was excited to return and had my fingers crossed for a slightly different menu to my last visit so I could try something new.

Eton mess $9.80
Meringue, lashings of Nutella mousse, fresh strawberries and almond and hazelnut praline 

I'm not usually a fan of meringue but there was just something about this that I really enjoyed... yum!

Lychee pearl $9.80
Lychee icecream encased in a pink guava granita on a bed of lychee jelly and vanilla and raspberry swirl custard 

Fresh, fruity and refreshing flavours that worked well together. Perfect for something light but still satisfying on a warm night! 

I can't believe it's not... snickers $10.90
Peanut butter panna cotta, chocolate ganache and caramel

The panna cotta was not overly creamy and the peanut butter flavour wasn't too strong, which in a way was a good thing because that chocolate ganache was super rich! I also loved the crumb which added to the creamy textures.

Raspberry, lychee and pistachio gateaux $9

I can't remember much about this but the girls assure me it was light and fruity, and everything was very well balanced. 

Blueberry and white chocolate mousse cake $9

Not as much of a 'punch' in flavour as the others we tried. Still delicious, I bought this to takeaway for my sister and she still liked it. We thought maybe the cake base could be replaced with something a bit denser and it could make it even more delicious!

A truly lovely little spot for dessert. With a great menu with old favourites as well as new additions, there is such great value and friendly staff that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend trying it out if you haven't already!

The Aviary Dessert Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a great place, and the presentations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on "The Aviary Dessert Kitchen ". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- Culinary Institute | Chef Training Institute

    ReplyDelete